Hardwood flooring is a beautiful investment, and to protect them against moisture damage, abuse, and keeping them shiny and inviting, here are tips to help you keep your floors looking like new.
- Never use sheet vinyl or tile floor care products on your hardwood floors.
- Place throw rugs at your doorways to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked into your home and save your hardwood from potential scratches.
- Wipe up spills immediately and never use a wet-mop for your hardwood. Doing so can damage the wood and leave a residue.
- Try buffing rather than waxing your hardwood floors.
- Use soft fabric slides and pads under the legs of furniture to prevent scratching and scuffing.
- Avoid walking on hardwood floors with high heels, cleats and sports shoes.
- Use a humidifier during dry winter months to maintain hardwood’s natural moisture and prevent cracks.